Re: [SLUG] webcams

From: Robin - Bartow FL (suncoastlug.mailbox@gibp.com)
Date: Wed Sep 12 2007 - 16:11:04 EDT

> > The Canon position can be found at
> > http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=SDKHomePageAct&keycode=Sdk_Lic&fcategoryid=320&modelid=10468&id=3464
>
> IOW, you have to buy the SDK to find out how it works, yes?

I only provided the link to show Canon "lack" of support.

> But nobody's figured out how
> yet (well, someone has, and it'll cost $25, TYVM), and Canon isn't saying
> for less than the price of the SDK.

I differ in your assessment.

http://capture.sourceforge.net/
 clearly indicates support for your camera

http://www.gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php
 makes reference to "PTP mode"

http://www.gphoto.org/doc/manual/FAQ.html#FAQ-camera-support
   says your camera "will likely work" (PTP)

http://www.teaser.fr/~hfiguiere/linux/digicam.html
 makes reference to "PTP"
   gphoto2/canon (post-2.1.4) (usb)
   PTP (usb)
   gphoto2/ptp (usb)

The above applications may even be available through a live distro.

It's your time and money.
I was just suggesting a way to preserve both.

/robin