Re: [SLUG] IBM

From: SOTL (sotl155360@bellsouth.net)
Date: Thu Sep 27 2007 - 14:07:55 EDT

On Sunday 23 September 2007 20:28, logan wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 10:07 -0500, SOTL wrote:
> > We were discussing why Linux is not acceptable to the masses.
>
> <snip distro diatribe>
>
> > We could go rounds and rounds with similar stories but the point is that:
> >
> > Linux is NOT stable it keep changing on an hourely bases which is good
> > for development and horrible for production and the Linux distributions
> > that are desk top stable like Scientific Linux are missing important
> > functions required for networking.
>
> Heh, ironically, the thing most people complain about my favorite
> distro, is its lack of change. Try Debian Stable. It is exactly that.
> Stable. I have been using Debian Stable, and only Debian Stable, as my
> Desktop environment since 1998.

I did not post any comments concerning Debian because I do not have
enough !@#$%^& words in my vocabulary to describe the way I feel about that
distribution. If I wanted to play with computers, and I do mean play, and my
boss would give me a 5 year sabbatical I may consider it but I really think
not. Not after my last set of go arounds.