Re: [SLUG] IBM

From: logan (thelogan@allyourbase-arebelongto.us)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2007 - 21:28:44 EDT

On Wed, 2007-09-26 at 10:07 -0500, SOTL wrote:
> We were discussing why Linux is not acceptable to the masses.

<snip distro diatribe>

> We could go rounds and rounds with similar stories but the point is that:
>
> Linux is NOT stable it keep changing on an hourely bases which is good for
> development and horrible for production and the Linux distributions that are
> desk top stable like Scientific Linux are missing important functions
> required for networking.

Heh, ironically, the thing most people complain about my favorite
distro, is its lack of change. Try Debian Stable. It is exactly that.
Stable. I have been using Debian Stable, and only Debian Stable, as my
Desktop environment since 1998.

> Buy this time the Linux shrills are in orbit beyond the Moon so I will bottom
> line this and quit.
>
> Linux and the Mac OS for serious business usage are no better than Vista is
> but for completely different reasons with neither usable on the desktop.

<undecipherable text>
> That
> leaves XP as the only OS which can run the required application programs and
> all it crash, trash, spy, Microsoft feedback and spam issues as the only
> viable half ass usable operating system.
</undecipherable text>

> A fact that I hate and constantly
> bitch about but can make no headway in having developers resolve the issues
> as that is not where the glory is.

Wow. You have some anger issues. Try Debian Stable or run Windoze. I am
trying to figure out your point. An OS is a tool. Use the tool that
suits your needs.

The Logan

--
I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members. -- Groucho Marx
Registered Linux User: 277727