Re: [SLUG] IBM

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2007 - 21:47:41 EDT

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 01:16:34PM -0500, SOTL wrote:

<snip>

> Recall Paul You use Windows for documentation as Linux is not up to the level
> of formatting you required. Try doing it in Linux. You can not.

For the record, what you're calling "documentation" is actually desktop
publishing. And no, the tools on Linux aren't up to professional level.
I likewise use Windows to process mailing lists with postal software,
which doesn't even pretend to exist on Linux.

As a company, though, we have seriously considered going to Mac for
desktop publishing. The only good thing about that is that the hardware
is more stable, since it's specified by Apple.

But on *my* desktop, yes, I'm *happy*.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster