Re: [SLUG] IBM

From: logan (thelogan@allyourbase-arebelongto.us)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2007 - 21:44:46 EDT

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 13:16 -0500, SOTL wrote:
> [...]

<undecipherable text>
> If you go back to the parent message it was something of the accord that the
> reason Linux is not being accepted on the desktop is because there is a
> difference in vocublary in Windows world and the Linux world.
>
> What I just did is put such nonsence in it correct place. The file 13 drawer.
>
> Nothing more nothing less.
</undecipherable text>

> As for as venting my flusterations about Linus it is always becaus I am trying
> to use it in a desktop in a business environment and with my level of
> knowledge while not the equal of the Linux Wizards on this list is definitely
> way way above the average Microsoft computer type.

Maybe so, but if you think you know Linus so well, you haven't seen
this: http://m0sia.ru/gallery2/d/40-2/Linus+Torvalds+in+a+Speedo.jpg

That'll give you nightmares.

> You are happy only because you are not pushing the bounds of what is possible
> for a desktop Linux system. If you were pushing the bounds then you would be
> equally flustered.

Yeah, the amount of clicks necessary to open an application in the X
windows environment puts you on the bleeding edge.

> Recall Paul You use Windows for documentation as Linux is not up to the level
> of formatting you required. Try doing it in Linux. You can not.

You cannot make documentation on top of Linux? I guess Linux doesn't
have any text editors. Dang. I was just about to make the switch.

Sarcasm aside. Really. Have you asked for professional help? I mean
serious help with Linux? You do not know what you are talking about.

The Logan.

--
http://allyourbase-arebelongto.us
Registered Linux User: 277727