[SLUG] Reiser4

From: Mike Branda (mike@wackyworld.tv)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2007 - 17:37:28 EDT

Anybody have any experience with Reiser4? I stopped using Reiserfs
(Reiser3) a few years back due to a serious loss of data thanks to the
crappy Reiserfs recovery tools. The ext3 fsck works sooo much better.

However, I'm currently formatting a 1TB Drive and with ext3, I only get
871GB usable. For giggles I formatted Reiserfs and I get 932GB usable.
That's a 61GB difference!!! Seeing as how I need as much of that drive
as possible, I went on a search to see if the Reiserfs tools have gotten
any better. I noticed that Reiser4 was released in 2004 and figured I'd
inquire about it. Or if you happen to know of improvements to the
current tool set in the last 3 years that would be good info also.

Thanks in advance!!

Mike Branda Jr.