[SLUG] slowdown

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Feb 12 2008 - 01:26:50 EST

Something's using up CPU time on my machine, but nothing shows in top nor
gkrellm's strip charts, nor does any unusual network use show up in gkrellm.
But bash and trn take seconds to start and exit, and the CPU speed is a
constant 2.4G (normally it falls back when nothing's happening). How can I
find out what it is? I can get network bandwidth from the internet-facing
router for everyone combined (which is mostly me), for periods from 1m - 5h.

--
-eben     QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP     royalty.mine.nu:81
Your pretended fear lest error might step in is like the man who