Re: [SLUG] cups

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 21:46:33 EST

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 09:05:11PM -0500, vern wrote:

> I'm sure this has probably been beaten before but,
> I am trying to share my HP PSC1310 on my Fedora 8 box with only half the
> luck.
> I have Debian Etch on my laptop. Debian sees the printer, I say print
> test page, it says ok. And it is still saying "Ready" "1 Job".
>
> I checked the Shared options, and Published options, I have tinkered a
> little with the config file but no luck. I have tried using the printer
> configurations with fedora as well as the cups web interface( that's
> where i tinkered with the config file) but all to no avail.
>
> Read some of the help files and tried un-comment out certain things,
> poked at the firewall settings.... just not sure what else to do..

Check your cups error file to see if there are any (see /var/log/cups/...
probably). Also check the man pages for the lpstat and lpadmin commands. I
don't recall the options, but they serve as a more direct interface to
your config files than cups itself. For some reason, changes I make to
cups via cups's web interface may or may not take, and it's often
difficult to find the exact option you want. But I've had to hack
installations before, and lpstat and lpadmin were the commands I used to
do it.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster