Re: [SLUG] Partition Question

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Wed Feb 20 2008 - 22:51:39 EST

On Wednesday 20 February 2008 01:28:53 pm Robin - Bartow FL wrote:
> http://slug.archives.nks.net/List/slug.archive.0802/0088.html
>
> > Thinking of buying a big SATA drive. Are they treated exactly like a
> > SCSI? In other words are they limited to 15 partitions (unlike IDE) for
> > any OS that gets installed on them?
> >

> > Bob S
>
> Consider bugeting "two" drives, that are not "too" small

Thanks to all who answered. Figured that was so. Reason I asked is that in
SUSE 10.3 They are loading libata drivers as default. This limits the
partitions to 15. If I want to load the IDE drivers I have to say so at boot.
I was wondering if the SATA drive would act the same as the IDE drives. Hence
my question.

Robin,
I would do that but only have space for one unless I go external.
Thanks again. This is a great list.

Bob S