Re: [SLUG] cups

From: vern (vpeace01@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2008 - 13:48:47 EST

On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 11:07 -0500, James Forte wrote:
> This is Linux not windows. Rebooting a machine is rarely necessary.
> /etc/init.d/cups restart is virtually the sames thing.
>

> Does the printer work from the Fedora 8 box?
>
> http://fedora8box:631 test it there OR
>
> ssh to the fedora8 box and
> df -v | lp -dPrinterName
>
> Is the printjob sitting on the Fedora 8 box? Output from
> lpstat -t, should be informative.
>
> Just the basics.
>
> Jim

Everything on the fedora 8 box is fine
Nothing gets through to it though.
when i print a test page from the debian laptop it says the server is
busy.

Maybe something buggy between wifi connections and usb ports ?
looked at logs and lpstat, unplugged cables, and did the cups restart..
just doesn't wanna play nice.

On the good side of all this is that i don't really use my laptop all
that much, so its not a huge importance factor.
But definitely a good learning experience