Re: [SLUG] newsreaders

From: Ron Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2008 - 14:04:55 EST

> I'm thinking I'll go for Pan. Its home page (http://pan.rebelbase.com/)
> proclaims it to be "a newsreader for GNOME". Will it work without
> GNOME? Anyone use it that way? I use no environment, fvwm2 alone.

   pan does not require gnome! It has about 3 dependencies that
most later day distributions already have.

   I have been using it since Slackware dropped gnome, but I
do miss many of those programs. The things that all you to
install gnome got me in trouble twice, so I'll wait on that.

--
    Ron  KA4INM - Please pay your taxes promptly our
                  illegal aliens need the free benefits!