Re: [SLUG] router -> ??

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jun 03 2008 - 00:51:27 EDT

Eben King wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Jun 2008, Logan Tygart wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 07:42:10PM -0400, Eben King wrote:
>> <snip>
>>> There is another wireless router in the house; call it "router #1"
>>> and the new one "router #2". I would like router #2 to connect to the Xbox
>>> directly (NAT is fine) and to router #1 through wireless. What is that
>>> mode of operation called -- "bridge"? Any pointers on how I enable it?
>>
>> http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Image:Standard_bridge_large.jpg
>
> That's a great diagram, and if I knew enough about both IP networking in
> general and the WRT54G in particular I could translate it to Adaptec
> settings. But I don't, and can't.
>
> There are guides on the net for setting up the Adaptec as a bridge (no
> DHCP) to be wired to another router, so we don't have to use the
> Adaptec's miniscule (1KB) NAT buffer. How would I modify such a guide
> for my own nefarious^W purpose?

Hi Eben!

Look at it carefully, and examine its documentation. It may have one
output that is dedicated to that "bridge" purpose, though it may be
called something else.

The important thing is that this one output will be labeled differently.
I had one like that, don't have it now or I would be able to tell you
what it said.

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.