[SLUG] Ubuntu client trying to access shared folders on server (Win 2003)

From: Alberto Suarez (asuarez@uw211manasota.net)
Date: Fri Sep 26 2008 - 16:49:11 EDT

Hello fellow Linux users,

Problem-Window Shares.

I am new to this mail listserv-thought i give it a try.
I was told to press Alt-F2 and type smb:\\ser.ve.r ip. address\share

When I press Run, all it does it freezes/hangs......then after 2m
minutes it says it couldnt connect.

Any suggestions?

I know th eIP works cause i can access it remotely running Virtual Box
Windows XP.

Thanks in advance-Alberto