[SLUG] Please explain this to me

From: Bob Stia (rnr@sanctum.com)
Date: Sun Dec 07 2008 - 23:06:05 EST

Hello Sluggers,

I'm having nvidia driver problems.

Running SuSE 10.3 64 bit. I have two active kernels that I can choose from at
boot-up. I can install the latest nvidia driver on one kernel but not the
other. (using the nvidia-installer) I can then install the driver on
the "other" but it uninstalls it on the first kernel. How is this possible?
There is only one xorg.conf file and either of the kernels should use that
one xorg.conf.

I must be missing something here or not understanding what is going on.

Bob S