Re: [SLUG] Please explain this to me

From: draeath (draeath@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 08 2008 - 00:44:25 EST

for some reason the nvidia installer doesnt respect multiple kernels.
the module(s) itself goes in a version specific path, and the rest (glx
libs etc) don't care about the kernel. So, if you could get it to stop
uninstalling, they could coexist. uninstalling later would be tricky
though.

Try going through the nvidia readme to see if there is an installer
switch to prevent uninstall. you may need to extract it from the .run
first with "<nvidia-installer>.run --extract" and nose around.