Re: [SLUG] iPod compatibility

From: Steven Van Tilburg (vt@ariestechgroup.com)
Date: Thu Jan 15 2009 - 14:00:52 EST

Eben King wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jan 2009, steve szmidt wrote:
>
> (Sorry if this gets sent twice -- Alpine jammed when sending, so I "kill
> -HUP"ped it.)
>
> For things like that, whose screens can be expected to be touched rather
> often, I use clear vinyl, something like 3 mil. It sticks of its own
> accord, no wetting or adhesive required. And it's cheap -- pennies per
> application, if that much. Eventually stretches / ripples under stylus
> use. Is this stuff significantly better?

One issue with the iPhone and Touches are the screens are a capacitive
type touch screen, and some products like that cause the touch screen to
either be less sensitive or not work all together. It's the same issue
if you want to use a stylus on them instead of your finger, there are a
couple of companies that make special styli that work with capacitive
screens.

VT