Re: [SLUG] Election Site hosting

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Tue Jan 20 2009 - 07:53:59 EST

On Monday 19 January 2009, Dennis Devine, San Antonio wrote:
> 1and1 provides Linux hosting, although it is not local. Access isgood and
> the price is right. This is a national and international company.
> Domain included.

1and1 sucks the big one as far as I'm concerned. They spent a few YEARS
bugging me AFTER i cancelled from poor and inadequate service. I talked to
several people there but they simply would not stop. Three, four years later
its finally over.

I can't quite recall the details. I was not happy with what I got after a
month so I called in to cancel. Someone told me I could not leave that
easily. Refused to refund me the unused portion (I usually pay for a year at
a time). It was not that much so I thought oh, what the hell. I was happy to
find someone else to host my domains.

The odd part was how they simply would not let me go. Not that they could
prevent me as I always keep domain registration and hosting separated for
these type of scenarios. I just changed DNS to the new ISP.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.