Re: [SLUG] Skype Audio Problem SUSE 11.1

From: Eben King (eben01@verizon.net)
Date: Sat Mar 28 2009 - 15:35:27 EST

On Sat, 28 Mar 2009, Chuck Hast wrote:

> When I try to start up a call session I get the error message "problem with
> audio playback". It worked great under 11.0, I have looked at my logs to see
> if I can find something there but no joy. Googling returns all sort of
> issues but
> with the 64bit code. Sort of frustrating as I just got a Basler firewire cam up
> and working (great video!!) using Coriander, went to fire up Skype and realized
> I had not installed it when I installed 11.1, did the install and now
> I have this
> error message. Has anyone else seen this one??

Can't get either webcam to work with Skype or Kopete or in VMware, but they
both work standalone in an mplayer window. ::sigh::

About yours, make sure you can record something (using e.g. arecord). Make
sure Skype's set to the right input. IIRC there's a "person" you can call
that plays back what you say after a delay. How's that work?

--
-eben   QebWenE01R@vTerYizUonI.nOetP   royalty.mine.nu:81

My parents went to a planet where the inhabitants have no bilateral symmetry, and all I got was this lousy F-shirt. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.