[SLUG] ESATA and ExpressCard

From: David S. (crackerdog@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Apr 26 2009 - 15:36:26 EDT

I am thinking about getting an ESATA ExpressCard for use with Ubuntu
9.04. Can anyone make a recomendation as to which one to use? Or should
any of them work?

This is a newbie type question --

Is there anyway of knowing what hardware will/will not work with Linux?
This has been a question on my mind for a while (ever since I started
using Ubuntu), although most of the hardware I currently have works. I
may be looking to upgrade some of them and want to know what the best
way of finding out. I do like using Newegg and some other online stores,
but I dont want to order something and then find out I need to return it
because of lack of support.

Thanks,
David