Re: [SLUG] Antivirus and Email Encryption - both Linux and... that other OS

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Mon Jun 15 2009 - 13:37:25 EDT

Ken Elliott wrote:
> Pete >> Micro$oft and Internet just do not mix. Never trust them together.
>
> Pete >> Tell the client, don't use Window$ on the outside Internet.
>
> You can't tell clients what to do. Photoshop and AutoCAD users can't use
> Linux.

Hi Ken,

They can use Photoshop and AutoCad without email on the same machine
can't they? If they pay him for advice he certainly should tell them
what to do, he isn't earning his pay if he doesn't. I notice that you
offer no suggestion <big grin> even though you supposedly know what to do.

> Scott is trying to resolve an issue and seeks data. But your responses are
> simply inaccurate dogma that does nothing to help him.

I think the Linux gateway server is his best bet. Isn't that suggestion
"data"?

> Scott >> > Window$ is evil and vulnerable beyond compare.
>
> Oh Scott, not you too? A product is evil? Sorry, a product can't be evil.
> A person can.

Oh, Ken! Have you ever driven a 1971 Mercury? Of course products can be
evil. Window$ is about the best example of a Trojan Horse I can think
of. "This will operate your computer", for someone else.

Now, on the other hand, if you have the solution for his problem that
doesn't involve Linux, I must say I would love to hear it and I think we
all would. This ought to be good.

:-)

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ http://elect-pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.