Re: [SLUG] OSS trouble ticketing system.

From: steve szmidt (steve@szmidt.org)
Date: Fri Jul 03 2009 - 10:24:39 EDT

On Thursday 02 July 2009, William Coulter wrote:
> I am interested in osTicket myself and was wondering how large of a company
> can use this? Would it work for about 600 people?
>
> William

Since it's using a web interface and SQL backend it can probably work for a
lot of people. I think it really depends on the volume of open tickets you
are going to have, and how you need to see them.

Tickets, by default, are listed in order of priority. Which you can change by
clicking on any column header, including search. When they grow "old" you
will get a notice. People can search their old tickets to see how things were
resolved in the past.

Its also easy to customize.

I'd suggest you install it on a machine and see how it works.

--

Steve Szmidt

"They that would give up essential liberty for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.