Re: [SLUG] Did anyone see my question?

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 17 2009 - 09:16:25 EDT

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 23:31, <blee2@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> Thus Chuck Hast hast written on Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 10:06:59PM -0400, and, according to prophecy, it shall come to pass that:
>> TNX, last time I ran into this it was with Java and I had to go in and make
>> a symlink, but this time that does not seem to be the issue.
>> Some of the plugins work others do not. I am working with ZoneMinder,
>> the video plugins work just fine, but the audio for the alarms pops up a
>> bar that says there is a missing plugin, but I have all of the codecs installed,
>> so not sure what is going on. Would think that there would be more on it
>> than what I have found.
>
> Did any paths change when you installed the new version?
> Have you tried reinstalling a plugin and see if it sees it then?

Here is what I have, under about:plugins I find all of the java stuff points to
IcedTea...

In the pluginreg.dat I find the path as follows:
[PLUGINS]
/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0_update10/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so:$

And when I do a find on libjavaplugin_oji.so I get the following
./usr/java/jre1.6.0_16/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so
./usr/java/jre1.6.0_16/plugin/i386/ns7-gcc29/libjavaplugin_oji.so

This is like herding goats, each goes its own way... I guess the first thing
I need to do is remove the icedtea plugin, and I am trying to figure that one
out, in the past I just made a symlink to the directory where libjavaplug_oji.so
was located, this appears to not work and I suspect it is being overriden by
one of the above bits...

Someone mentioned a log, I have looked in the error console and see nothing
regarding java... Perhaps I need to look elsewhere??

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
To paraphrase my flight instructor;