Re: [SLUG] Cisco CCNA DVD... Windows crap

From: Chuck Hast (wchast@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 02 2010 - 14:51:23 EST

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 13:55, Steven Van Tilburg <vt@ariestechgroup.com> wrote:
> Chuck,
>
> All of those FLV files are flash movies and the SWF file is a flash
> animation, probably some sort of menuing system. All of the EXE files are
> the same size, so they may be some sort of FLV player for each of the
> sections, subnet_4.exe and subnet_4.flv. If you can play flash on your
> computer, trying opening one of those files in VLC.
>
> VT
Yessss! that was it. You know I saw those things and was thinking the
same thing, but I got distracted, and forgot about it. Thank you for shaking
the tree. I went in and just selected one, it came up in good old VLC...
That makes it even easier I can just pull those things into a directory on
my laptop and when I travel I have them there to work on while on the
road, There is a opening page that I guess the .exe file presents but
it is sort of a index, and kind of useless too, because once you start
the chapter the only way you can stop it is to kill it, I can not find a way
to pause, but running it under VLC makes it easy, just hit the pause
button or I can even step backwards and replay something. This is even
better than the original.

--
Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the