Re: [SLUG] Cisco CCNA DVD... Windows crap

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Tue Feb 02 2010 - 14:37:49 EST

Ken Elliott wrote:
>>> Should I write such a truth the M$ fanNazis
> would be all over me, but you - you have the stature where your words
> are respected.
>
> I must formally object to you calling anyone any form of Nazi.
> This is a clear violation of the mailing list rules.

Hi Ken,

Is it? Wouldn't I have to direct such a comment to an individual to
violate any rule? My criticism is to the attitude, which has been
variously expressed, that M$ never be criticized. I did not have any
individual in mind while writing the reply you "formally object" to.

Many people nowadays are essentially the same as the Nazis of old on a
number of issues. It is somewhat enabling to avert our eyes when this
appears, although I would not single out an individual on *this* list
because that appears to be forbidden.

> I would like to suggest you apologize to the group or leave.

I apologize to everyone in the group who thinks I violated some rule. I
guess that includes you.

> I am astonished someone who wants to be elected would publicly write such
> things.

Some time ago William F. Buckley, Jr. opined that we want our elected
officials to be cowards. Maybe he was right.

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ http://elect-pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.