Re: [SLUG] computer power

From: draeath (draeath@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Feb 24 2010 - 05:21:25 EST

Beware that the oil intruding between chip leads and across traces on
the board can cause some unexpected issues. While it may not be
conductive, it does have a different dielectric constant than air.

If you do this, it's best to 'seal' the board first somehow. I know
fabs have chemicals they can spray on a completed board to seal it,
but with something so complicated as a motherboard that would likely
be difficult and/or expensive.

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 6:29 AM, Eben King <eben01@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Feb 2010, rsmoot@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
>
>> ---- Eben King <eben01@verizon.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm building a computer to go in my room.  The main criteria are that it
>>> not
>>> look like a computer [1] and that it be absolutely silent (i.e., no
>>> moving
>>> parts).  To those ends, I've chosen to build a case out of hollowed-out
>>> 24-packs of steel cans [2], and I have an IDE->CF adapter and a 16GB CF