[SLUG] Ubuntu GUI (Gnome) can't write to floppy

From: Pete Theisen (petetheisen@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Feb 25 2010 - 12:24:00 EST

Hi Everybody,

I have Ubuntu 9.04. I find it much more cantankerous than MEPIS. In
MEPIS I could copy/paste drag/drop from folders to floppy and vice versa.

With Ubuntu I can't use the built-in floppy at all. I can read and copy
from a USB floppy to the hard disk but not the other way. When there is
a blank disk in the USB floppy I cannot paste the files I just copied
from the other floppy onto the blank one.

It must be mounted, it lets me unmount it, but "paste" is grayed out. I
suppose there are script commands to do this, but that is not what I
want. I am using all this overhead to run a GUI, I want to use the GUI.

Is there a way to use the GUI to write to a blank floppy, without trying
to use all these damned commands that I am too old to remember even if I
once knew them?

--
Regards,

Pete http://pete-theisen.com/ http://elect-pete-theisen.com/ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- This list is provided as an unmoderated internet service by Networked Knowledge Systems (NKS). Views and opinions expressed in messages posted are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of NKS or any of its employees.