Re: RE: [SLUG] Linux certifications

From: William Coulter (wrcoulter33@gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 08 2010 - 12:16:53 EST

Where should I get books for the test? EBay or Amazon or another place.

William

On Mar 4, 2010 10:10 AM, "Vidal Moreno" <vzmon1@gmail.com> wrote:

Sadly, it is a classic catch 22. To get the job, you need the experience.
To get the experience, you need the job. To break the cycle and get
in the door, you need a certification that shows you have some knowledge
and potential.

I guess that it is a necessary evil for the time being. For those seeking
any IT certification, (except for the CISCO cert), you have to understand
that it is the price of admission, but it will be your experience,
continuing
education and exposure to various parts of the IT continuum that will carry
you throughout your career.

vm
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Confusius
Take the time to enjoy th...