Re: [SLUG] I have cookies enabled

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Apr 25 2010 - 23:53:34 EDT

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 07:35:11PM -0400, Chuck Hast wrote:

> I get the following error message from a jobs website I am trying to
> access
>
> Unable to load site properly
> Your current browser settings indicate that cookies are disabled.
> Cookies are required to properly access our site. To enable cookies,
> please refer to your browser's documentation for instructions.
>
> I have cookies setup, is this a site that is looking for I.e., I have tried
> FireFox, I have tried Konquerer, and Chrome, none of them will let me
> get through, I get the above error from them all.
>
> Here is the page, they have changed things, I had registered with
> them but they now asked me to re-register, when I try to do so I get
> the above error.
>
> http://www.iapws.com/careers/Home.aspx
>
> I guess I am going to have to figure out how to run I.E as I suspect
> that is the problem.

No problem under Firefox 3.0.5, Debian unstable. I did not, of course,
try to register or login.

FWIW, I had this kind of problem long ago when I had cookies "partially"
enabled. That is, when I accepted cookies conditionally (you look at
them first, and decide whether to accept them or not). Apparently,
whatever site I was visiting wanted cookie acceptance wide open, as I
recall.

Paul

--
Paul M. Foster