Re: [SLUG] Misc. Annoyances (Hostname/DNS, Samba and Gnome)

From: Larry Sanders (lsanders@flash.net)
Date: Mon Apr 23 2001 - 23:36:08 EDT

>From the private network at work
(which does not have a .com as part of the domain)
I have been using my last name as the domain name at home.
You might use: granite.polhamus
Be sure to check these files in /etc :
hosts HOSTNAME
This domain name is not the same as the Win Workgroup
name for samba. Do you have samba started as a deamon?
or only on demand (that might cause the delay).