[SLUG] X and videogames in full screem mode

From: Norbert Cartagena (niccademous@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 10:41:21 EDT

Hey all, with all this talk about videogames as of late, I've decided
that this little annoying problem has gone on long enough for me. Here's
the deal:

On my laptop, whenever I'm running X and decide to play a videogame that
runs on X full screen (ie. S.M. Alpha Centauri, Pingus) the screen goes
into some sort of hairy convulsion and splits the image in thirds
(vertically). The left side and the right sides are fine, but the center
third becomes a half mirror for the far left of the screen and a "see
through" image, to the Desktop. This doesn't happen when I play Quake
(SVGA mode), so I maybe it has something to do with my XF86 screen size
setings, perhaps (1400x1050)? I'm not sure. I'm running an ATI Mobility
M4.

Thanks for any help.

Norb