Re: [SLUG] Sound...

From: Jason Pratt (linuxmad@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 17:43:00 EDT

On Saturday 16 June 2001 17:07, you wrote:

> Did you happen to use the Mandrake "Software Manager" and upgrade the
> KDE arts sound server and multimedia libs??

No, I didn't update anything. But my sound problem is strictly with KDE.
GNOME's sound system runs fine. KDE is the one giving me the problem :-/

Now I can run XMMS just fine, but my system sounds don't work.. nor my email
notification sound (UGH gotta have that <G>)

> Heck, a complete reinstall would be quicker and probably less
> troublesome then trying to fix it. Well for me anyway.

Yeah.. I've thought about it.. it's just a pain to have to reinstall an OS
and worry about a crash during the install :) Incredibly I have had them
during an install on this machine.

--
Jason Pratt
linuxmad@tampabay.rr.com