Re: [SLUG] Brandon II Meeting Last Night !

From: Curt Johnson (cjohnson@arrayservices.com)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 18:10:33 EDT

\"Robin \\\"Roblimo\\\" Miller\" wrote:

> Ed Centanni wrote:
> >
> > Yea but did he do a Presentation?!
>
> No, I begged for help getting my Linux laptop going with an Apple
> airport base station. The guys at Computer Advantage (employees) were
> marvelous. Sadly, after my wife and I got back to our (temporary) place
> on Treasure Island and tried to get it going on the phone modem nstead
> of on the store's LAN, everything fell apart again. That Mac stuff is
> hard!
>
> And I talked some, more than I should have, mostly about Bruce Perens
> and Rob Malda having a contest to see who could be more childish, and
> how I ended up in the middle. There are days when I love my job and days
> when I don't...
>
> Anyway, I'll probably crawl on hands and knees back Computer Advantage
> and beg to borrow an Airport setup CD with v.1.2 on it, because 1.3,
> which is what I have, doesn't seem to like the Wavelan driver that comes
> with Mdrk 8.0.
>
> Meanwhile, I'm really here, semi-hiding, to write a book called "Build
> Profits Online" that grew out of a conversation with Curt Anderson a
> couple of years ago in Atlanta. He can tell you the rest of that story
> if he wants. :)
>
> - Robin

Actually Rob, it's Curt Johnson.... ;-p
Sorry I missed you. I'll be at the meeting this thursday in Brandon if you
want to give the Mac another go.... they are a bit more difficult to
compile a kernel on than x86, especially with the newer hardware.

BTW... did anyone see the City of Largo implemented a 400 node, 800 user
thin client solution on RedHat 7.1 with KDE 2.1.1?
I think we should get Dave Richards (drichard@largo.com) to come speak
about it and tell us how he managed to convince the powers that be to play
with Linux ;-)

See you guys later....

--
Curt Johnson                        cjohnson@arrayservices.com