Re: [SLUG] Kernel Panix

From: Bill C (selinux@home.com)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 16:53:39 EDT

On Saturday 21 July 2001 22:43, you wrote:

> [...]

See the little arrow thingies? That means this is a persistent problem.

I can do a dummy install (MDK 7.2) just fine. But the dummy install does not
include Apache, Postgresql or MySQL. Nor does it (and here is the actual
kicker) recognize hdb.

I am leaning toward forgetting the original problem and just asking if anyone
knows how to get hdb up & at 'em. If it takes more than just a few lines to
explain, it's okay to just pass along a good URL explaining the steps to be
taken.

On an interesting aside, I had some ram laying around marked for HP. Although
I already had 64 meg (4x16) of EDO ram installed, I was able to just drop in
128 m (2x64) of Parity ram into slots 5 & 6.

Does mixing EDO and Parity ram sound reasonable? I didn't think it would work
but I am using it as I type these words.