Re: [SLUG] rpm false dependency problem

From: Russell Hires (rhires@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 14:29:17 EDT

On Wednesday 25 July 2001 22:30, you wrote:
> Well, I did as you suggested and still no go. I then actually looked at
> the so.1 libraries and found out that they are sym links to so.096
> libraries! Can't fool the rpm utility. Evidently the so.1 libraries aren't
> even finished yet. I suppose I could delete the symlink, then copy the
> .096 libraries as .1 libraries.

oooohhh... don't do that. I did something really dumb a couple of years ago
(deleted the libc6 library because it was the wrong version by attempting to
mv new/libc6 original/libc6 .... bad bad bad ... it stopped in the middle of
this operation for some reason. ;-) I'll never do that again!

(Both these are in the package openssl