[SLUG] mail server

From: Travis Walls (twalls@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 21:23:17 EDT

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a mail server, pop in and smtp out. I am doing this
in the interest of being able to list my own domain as my email address.
Yes, I know I need to open ports in my firewall. Yes, I know my computer
needs to on to get this mail. provisions are being made. :)

What I would like to know is, how do actually setup this stuff to work.
I don't NEED the nitty gritty details (tho itd be great!) all I want to
know are the basics, as i am new to this concept. but, i like it. :)

I am using Red Hat 7.1 and the default sendmail config thats comes with
an everything install. I would prefer to use mozilla/gnome
evolution/qmail for reading mail. I have installed Eudora/QUALCOMM
QPopper for those who are familiar with this pop mail server. It is
supposed to be rather nice and it has an interesting license. Yes, I
would like to setup a _pop_ mail server for personal plans for the
future (expansion is great eh?) If anyone has an understanding of this
topic and is willing to help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks so much,
Travis

BTW R G Mayhue, I respected your wishes and promptly removed your
personal letter. Hey, accidents happen. All of yous guys come check out
my page! I took the advice of one of you sluggers and am happy to
announce my new domain: http://twalls.staticcling.org/ If it doesn't
load im prob offline. Again provisions are being made to keep it on
24/7. Thanks for the help on packet filtering I was able to block
someones attempt to use a SSH exploit on my computer, and logged it
hehe! Thanks again!