Re: [SLUG] mail server

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Sun Jul 29 2001 - 23:28:48 EDT

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 09:23:17PM -0400, Travis Walls wrote:

<snip>

> All of yous guys come check out
> my page! I took the advice of one of you sluggers and am happy to
> announce my new domain: http://twalls.staticcling.org/ If it doesn't
> load im prob offline. Again provisions are being made to keep it on
> 24/7. Thanks for the help on packet filtering I was able to block
> someones attempt to use a SSH exploit on my computer, and logged it
> hehe! Thanks again!

FWIW, there's a helluva lag getting the nameservers to respond to
requests for this domain. That is, it takes a really long time for the
lookup to complete. It also takes a vastly longer time to get data from
the site. Traceroute shows 30 hops from my machine, the last 16 of which
are opaque (register only * * *). Pings go through, so when I tried
this, you were online.

Also FWIW, blue navbuttons on a black background are very hard to read.

Paul