Re: [SLUG] RH 7.1, Win 98, and Samba

From: Robert Krencis (rkrencis@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 22:03:21 EDT

Some text about lmhost file:
When using the LMHOSTS file, problems, like failure to locate a remote
computer, can occur due to the presence in the
LMHOSTS file of one or more of the following errors:

     Absence of an entry for the remote server.
     Misspelling of a computer's NetBIOS name. (Note that NetBIOS names
are automatically converted to uppercase.)
     Invalid IP address for a computer name.
     Missing the required carriage return character at the end of the
last entry. <<<<<<<<<<<<maybe your prob.
bob