[SLUG] Inexpensive Tape Drive

From: Robert Haeckl (rhaeckl@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed Aug 29 2001 - 15:27:40 EDT

Looking to buy an inexpensive tape backup drive either new or maybe from
Ebay. Would like to put a full backup and a week's worth of daily
incrementals on one tape (~8-10 GB ought to be enough). I've been
tarring selected directories onto a zip disk and occasionally burning an
archive, but I would prefer to do full backups. Anybody have
suggestions or preferences? ATAPI vs. SCSI? Seagate vs. HP vs.
OnStream vs. ...? 8mm vs. Travan vs. ADR vs. ...?

-Robert