Re: [SLUG] Inexpensive Tape Drive

From: Glenn Meyer (gtmeyer@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 31 2001 - 08:31:32 EDT

I use an HP SureStore 5000 (4mm Dat DDS1 2GB tapes) with an Adaptec 2940
adapter. I use the Dump and Restore utils. So far it has worked well but
is slow and too small. I also have a Yamaha CD-RW, but again too slow and
too small for backups. I am going to switch over to backup to extra hard
drives as suggested on the list. Makes a lot more sense to me because fo
the speed - and being able to restore on another system if need be.