Re: Re: [SLUG] On-board Video Card

From: Ron KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@qsl.net)
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 10:40:23 EDT

> >If you go into your BIOS settings you should have the ability to disable
> >the onboard card..

> This system has Phoenix BIOS Setup. I see only 3 settings mentioning VIDEO...
> 1.) Video System [EGA/VGA] can toggle to Monochrome or CGA 80x25 .
> 2.) Under MEMORY and CACHE
> A.) CACHE VIDEO BIOS: [ENABLED] - can toggle to DISABLED.
> B.) VIDEO SHADOW: [ENABLED] - can toggle to DISABLED.

> Do any of those setting sound like they would
> disable the on-board video in favor of putting in a seperate PCI video card?

  If the bios settings do not include a screen for "integrated
peripherals" there might a electrical jumper on the mommy
board that disables the integral video board, as was common
on 486's, if neither exist, software adjustments is most
likely your only possibility.

        73 (= Best Regards) de: (= this is) Ron ka4inm@qsl.net
       Please visit my HAM web site at: http://www.qsl.net/ka4inm