Re: [SLUG] On-board Video Card

From: bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Mon Sep 10 2001 - 12:13:14 EDT

There is a third possibility,
Some systems Such as Dell for instance if they have the on board video and
you install another video card the bios will automatically disable the on
board video card.

Some have auto switching.

I would suggest going to the Website of the Company and see what you find
under their support pages.
If that does not work try running a search on goolge for disable
onboard video on a pcname and model

>This system has Phoenix BIOS Setup. I see only 3 settings mentioning
VIDEO...
> 1.) Video System [EGA/VGA] can toggle to Monochrome or CGA 80x25 .
> 2.) Under MEMORY and CACHE
> A.) CACHE VIDEO BIOS: [ENABLED] - can toggle to DISABLED.
> B.) VIDEO SHADOW: [ENABLED] - can toggle to DISABLED.

These setting will not disable the on board video and changing the wrong
thing can cause a unstable system.

Also as some one mentioned I would see what maybe listed under onboard or
embedded devices.

Good Luck.

Also while on that Website if it is up you may want to get the latest bios
update and flash the bios if there is a newer version out.