Re: [SLUG] Burning CD with Redhat 7.1 Kernal 2.4.3-12

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 20:56:52 EDT

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001, SOTL wrote:

> All the problems we suddenly appear to be having reminds me of what I said
> several months ago RH 7.1 is beta software and should be viewed as such.

ummm ... RH 7.1 was officially released April 4, 2001

http://www.redhat.com/about/presscenter/2001/press_sevenone.html

It is production ready, and has burned several hundred CD's
from ISO for me on IDE-SCSI emulation. I only get coasters
when I set the burn speed too high, and the media turns out
not to be as fast as rated.

My true SCSI 2x burners have NEVER failed, from RH 5.1 on ...

If one has troubles burning CD's, the problem is not with the
software, regardless of what curb-stone experts opine.

-- Russ Herrold