Re: [SLUG] Re:Fdisk

From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2001 - 14:16:10 EDT

bpreece1@tampabay.rr.com wrote:
> This seems to be a common thing lately as for bashers to think you have
> to slam some one just cause they tell you how you can do something
> that does not have to be 100% done with Linux.

Well excuse me.

> If you really want a quick way Microslop had a utility called delpart.exe
> put This utility on a Windoze Dos bootable disk it can wipe out Any Type of
> OS PARTITION. You can find this using a search engine on the web.

You were talking about FDISK before. FDISK has a number of
limitations, even in newer Windows versions.

> How ever you can mess up drives with wrong parameters entered.
> When someone who is not familiar on this you do not suggest such methods.

So you are advocating we _avoid_ Linux utilities???

> We all have different methods as well doing this! This does not mean that
> someone obviously does not know what they are talking about. If you get
> offended by another method other than your own questioning the persons
> ability does not constitute slander!

I did not question your ability. In fact, you just added that to
your response to my saying DOS/FDISK had limitations. There is
nothing that will turn a "discussion" into an "argument" faster than
trying to argue against something someone did, in fact, *NOT* say.
Of course, that has not stopped people before.

You seemed more than ready to bring an "arrogant attitude" to the
table with "I'm a systems engineer." But since you bring this up,
go ahead and post your resume on-list. Might as well get it all out
for us "dumb" users, so we won't _dare_ cross you again.

> P.s. If you want to blast me take it to the politics list please
> no need to bicker on this one.

I was talking technical, about the limitations of DOS/FDISK. You're
the one that got all up on "I'm a systems engineer."

-- TheBS

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith   mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org    chat:thebs413
Engineer  AbsoluteValue Systems, Inc.  http://www.linux-wlan.org