Re: [SLUG] kernel in use

From: Joseph Burnsworth (jburnsworth@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Oct 09 2001 - 19:08:43 EDT

I've used kernal 2.4.x on machines from a P166 to an AMD450..

I have never had them crash even once, not any of them.

Are you compiling custom kernels to match your hardware?

By the way, I use Slackware, and usually do not use modules, I compile the
stuff I need into the kernel (just the way I have always done it).

Just my 2 cents .. :)

Joseph

-"A Web server is like a person's backyard..
  ..just because its fenced in, doesn't
  mean somebody won't sneak through it."-