Re: [SLUG] Unexplained HDD Activity Ties up System

From: Tina Gasperson (tinahdee@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 22:13:19 EDT

I was having this problem too, running Mandrake 7.2,
KDE 2.0, kernel 2.2.17. I thought it was Netscape, but
then it started happening in Konq also.

The HD would spin and spin just like you described,
and the cursor would eventually just disappear.

I searched and searched for an answer and some kind of
solution, but found no plausible (for me) explanation.

I just did the old Windows-user trick and reinstalled.
Backed up the user accounts, formatted all the
partitions. That worked. Haven't had the problem
since. :)

-Tina
 I've