[SLUG] Trying to install AAARGH!

From: ramiro souto (rsouto@juno.com)
Date: Sat Oct 20 2001 - 21:20:53 EDT

Hello fun seekers:
As must of you know at the Brandon SLUG meeting I'm the idiot that has
never been able to install Linux on THREE DIFFERENT COMPUTERS. THREE
DIFFERENT DISTRIBUTIONS
OK, so I inherited a Windblows 95 box Pentium 133, old and nice.
booted to a W98 diskette, performed
fdisk c:
OK
I have tried to install:
Corel = NO GO
Details:
INSTALLING COREL LINUX
* computer freezes and goes on and on (over 1 hour)
no HD action, no CD action

SUSE 7.0 = NO GO
Get a bunch of scripts then after a line of numbers
computer freezes and goes on and on (over 15 minutes)

SUSE 7.2 running from the CD = NO GO

Then I tried:
fdisk \mbr
OK
Tried to install Corel, the first time I got the following message:
error 8x10
Power off, power on
I get to the same screen as before the fdisk \mbr action:
INSTALLING COREL LINUX
*

Now I know I have a magnetic personality however this is not acceptable.

Any help will help.
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!
TIA
Ramiro