Re: [SLUG] I'm down

From: Bryan-TheBS-Smith (b.j.smith@ieee.org)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 12:02:46 EDT

Justin Keyes wrote:
> Yes-- I highly recommend buying more RAM if you only have 32 megs. A
> 32 meg EDO strip of RAM is REALLY expensive (~$60) at a local store,
> but I got two (2) of them for $19 on eBay from dallaspcdoctor@aol.com
> Of course, they were probably used, or worse, but...

Yeah, it gets to be that you can get a Athlon mainboard ($52 ECS
K7S5A), CPU ($27 Duron 750/100MHz) and memory ($17 128MB PC1600 DDR
Crucial) for under $100 total -- probably less than upgrading with
your EDO SIMMs.

-- TheBS

[ Pure hardware-related replies/further discussion should probably
be made to the PC_Support address above ]

--
Bryan "TheBS" Smith     mailto:b.j.smith@ieee.org    chat:thebs413
Engineer   AbsoluteValue Systems, Inc.   http://www.linux-wlan.org