Re: [SLUG] Woody Messed Up Lots of Things

From: Doc - KD4E (e.net@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 19:01:54 EDT

> (Actually, considering all the problems you are having, it might be
> better to transfer anything you want to save to a different machine,
> reinstall progeny, and then apt-get upgrade to unstable like that one
> debian-planet article said - supposedly an easy operation)
> scott

I have nothing to save.

What debian-planet article re. "apt-get upgrade to unstable" ?

Is that the one that says to download to three floppies, boot
from one and use the others to enable a completely clean
install (I think of a latest-version Debian with Woody)?

I have probably read 50-100 Debian-Woody related posts on
a dozen different Web sites, plus what has been posted in
response to my questions on SLUG, Debian, Omnibook, and
Progeny discussion lists ... I have real trouble remembering
what I read and where! :-)

I would definitely love to find tested instructions to replace
Progeny with a clean Debian install that uses kernel 2.4.1.0-6
and Woody with a KDE interface.

Thanks! Doc