Re: [SLUG] Woody Messed Up Lots of Things

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 18:37:18 EDT

Doc, I haven't been on here in a while, so I don't exactly know where
you stand now, but I would find out what login manager is running (xdm,
gdm?) and then apt-get remove it. Then apt-get install it again, and
since your apt list would be for woody, you should get any dependencies
needed. There must be something like PAM or some password
authentication library that you need. If you can't get on line yet,
remove it from the command line and we'll see if your network can get
connected.

(Actually, considering all the problems you are having, it might be
better to transfer anything you want to save to a different machine,
reinstall progeny, and then apt-get upgrade to unstable like that one
debian-planet article said - supposedly an easy operation)

    scott