[SLUG] Who is running StarOffice 6.0?

From: Chuck Hast (kp4djt@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sat Nov 03 2001 - 21:15:57 EST

I remember one of you said you were running it, I went to the
sun page and found I think it was 4 files, a PDF, a viewer (
I guess for the presentation piece) a database and the big
one which appears to be StarOffice. These are all (except
the pdf) .bin files which are I guess self executables.

What I want to do is set up SO from root and then use it as
a user. According to the instructions in the pdf file that is done
doning ./setup -net
But from what I set when you invoke the .bin file it goes through
and does the whole set up. I do not see where you get a chance
to do the setup -net command.

>From what I can see I am going to have to install it for each user
on my machine, rather than have one single install and a small
piece in each users' home directory as is indicated in the pdf.

Any observations on this?

--
Chuck Hast
KP4DJT